Housing Stability Fund 

The Housing Stability Fund provides emergency financial assistance to find or keep housing to eligible applicants.  

Low income residents of Peterborough City and County may be eligible for help at the Housing Resource Centre (HRC) with eligible expenses including rent or utility arrears or last month's rent.  

Other housing-related expenses may be considered, such as moving and storage, or emergency needs for people who are homeless.

Funds are limited and subject to availability. Applicants must meet eligibility criteria and provide verification of all information, including income, housing costs and other expenses.

Recipients of Ontario Works or Ontario Disability will be asked to contact their caseworker to see if they are eligible for the Housing Stabilitiy Funds available to social assistance recipients.   

Payments are made directly to landlords, utilities or other service providers.  All funds are provided as charitable grants and are not counted as extra income for people on social assistance.

For more information or to apply for assistance, please call the HRC at (705) 743-2272.