Local Housing Search

You can start your housing search by looking at the Housing Resource Centre Housing Registry on our Vacancy Listing PageThe Housing Resource Centre (HRC) also puts together weekly rental vacancy listings from public internet sites. The owners, landlords and/or managers of these properties are not affiliated or registered with the Housing Resource Centre. Printed copies are available at our office. You can also sign up on our home page to receive these listings weekly via email.

Classified ads are another good source for vacancies.  The two major newspapers in Peterborough County are the Peterborough Examiner and Peterborough This Week. Both of these papers list apartments for rent on the internet as well as in the paper.  You can also access listings in Peterborough from websites such as kijiji.ca, or Rent SeekerPad Mapper or Craig’s List. If you are a student, both Trent University and Fleming College have Off-Campus Housing information and listings on their websites.

Some landlords use Property Management companies to manage their rental units.  Many of these companies list with the Housing Resource Centre, advertise online or in the local newspaper.  You can call these Property Management companies directly to see if they have any units available that meet your needs.  You can find an up-to-date list of Property Management Companies for the Peterborough area below.

Many apartments, rooms and houses are not advertised.  Some landlords put up ‘For Rent’ signs on the property instead.  Choose the neighborhood that you would like to live in and walk through it looking for signs.  If you see an apartment building you like, check with the superintendent to see if there are vacancies. Many people find a good place by talking with friends and neighbors.  Let people know what you are looking for, and ask if they have heard of good places for rent.