Emergency Financial Assistance

HRC’s Financial Assistance programs work in partnership with municipal run programs to provide renter and homeowner households with limited emergency financial assistance to prevent housing loss, promote housing stability and support rehousing following housing loss.  Financial assistance is provided based on applicant eligibility and fund availability.  There is never a guarantee of receiving emergency financial assistance.

Our Financial Assistance Programs include:

FUSE provides financial assistance to households who are behind on their water/sewer bills.  Applicants must be a customer of Peterborough Utilities and have net income under an established limit.  Applicants do not need to be disconnected and do not need to have a disconnection notice to apply.  FUSE funds have been made possible because of generous donors in our community.  

HRC Emergency Fund
The HRC Emergency Fund operates as a fund of last resort, and provides emergency financial assistance to applicants who have exhausted all other avenues of assistance and/or have an emergency housing-related need that does not meet the eligibility criteria for any fund listed above or otherwise available in the community.  Funds are provided entirely by donations and are extremely limited.  If you would like to make a donation to the HRC emergency fund, click here.

Note: Effective January 1, 2022, the Housing Stability Fund and the Housing Choice Rent Supplement Fund are now being administered through Social Services at the City of Peterborough. For more information about this change please click here or call the Social Services office at 705-748-8830.